Below is an early draft for the user interface for the menu screens in Age of Conquest III. It’s still a work in progress, so things will be moved around/adjusted as needed.
User Inferface DRAFT - Age of Conquest
Age of Conquest Version III will have a slightly modified tax and spending screen compare to Version II. The new empire adjustment screen will allow adjusting tax rate and both military and economy spending.
- Tax Rate: The tax rate affects morale. A tax rate of 10% will keep morale stable. Morale is a multiplier for tax income. Keeping the tax rate low, will increase morale and yield to a higher income in the future. Keeping the tax rate high will allow for short-term tax income gains, but reduce tax income in the future due to lowered morale.
- Economy: Economy spending can be used to grow both population and economy each turn.
- Military: Military spending of 80% will keep the number of military units stable. Increasing the spending will grow military units on all the provinces each turn. Decreased spending will do the opposite.
The empire screen is optional for all games and can be disabled as needed.
Empire Adjustment Screen
So I was checking the traffic rank and search queries for the MultiplayerHub on Alexa.com…
Search Queries for MultiplayerHub.com
Noble Master Games has been approached by Dr. Lazarus, a time traveler from the future. Under Dr. Lazarus’s leadership, we have setup a global network to monitor and deactivate doomsday events. We are in urgent need of agents. Please download the Doomsday Deactivator from the Android Market to save the planet from ultimate destruction.
Dr. C. Aschwanden
CEO of Noble Master Games
Original message from Dr. Lazarus:
——————– URGENT NOTICE ——————–
I am Dr. Lazarus from the Secret Service of the country of Lichtenstein. I have traveled back in time to setup a global network to stop the destruction of this planet.
Your services are needed to enter doomsday deactivation codes in timely matter to save this planet. Apply to become an agent NOW!
Protector of Earth
Secret Service (FL)
This is a Photoshop tutorial on how to create nice-looking 3D borders for map provinces. The instructions are actually quite simple as long as you keep borders in a separate layer.
- Make sure all the borders are located in a separate Photoshop layer. The border lines are preferably black and 1px wide. Please note that the Age of Conquest Map Editor can export all the border lines automatically. Otherwise, use either the Photoshop brush or line tool to draw the border lines beforehand.
- Follow the instructions below and edit the border layer properties to enhance the look of the border lines.
Please note that the guidelines will work as well in other graphics tools such Gimp (free).
Border Line Enhancement /w Photoshop
S Mart Logo
Age of Conquest has been released in the S Mart Store in Taiwan for Android devices. The game has been translated to Chinese by my friend Alex.
I was going to post a direct link to the game in the store, unfortunately that is not possible as the site only uses HTTP POST to link pages. To find the game, click on the 3rd tab from the left and then select the bottommost item in the 2nd menu list on the left-hand side.
Store URL: http://www.smartapp.tw
Translator: Kin “The Dog” Wang a.k.a. Alex
Age of Conquest on SmartApp.tw
Age of Conquest
It’s May 17, 2010 – It’s the 10 year anniversary of Age of Conquest. The game started its humble origins ten years ago to the day (yes, I checked the database). Age of Conquest has been online most of the time since 2000 and managed to obtain a small group of followers over the years. The game has been ported to Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iPhone/iPod as well as Android.
The following releases have been slated for the upcoming months:
- Age of Conquest World Map Edition for iPad: This is a large size map featuring all the continents of Earth.
- Age of Conquest III for PC, Mac, Linux: This includes both a single player version of the game as well as an online version.
Another world map preview which includes the latest unit and structure graphics for Age of Conquest III. The map is scheduled for release on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch next.
Graphics: Robert Altbauer
Map & Modding: Travis Bowling
World Map Preview (Age of Conquest)
I am staring at it for too long. Do the new graphics make a difference or is it better to keep the status quo?
Old vs New Graphics (Age of Conquest)
Out of curiosity, I went to check; the founder of Microsoft has left the company rudderless and is doing full-time work at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The foundation doesn’t offer anything new from other non-profit organizations with the exception of $30 billion in funding.
The world needs the leader of the biggest enterprise back in his office. Return to Microsoft and unite the industry…