In case you are curious on what my dad is up to. No, he is not a game developer. He is creating computer hardware. He is currently working on a next generation Atari computer. As Atari the company is pretty much “dead”, Medusa Computer System is the one company left still producing Atari hardware.
The project is called the Atari Coldfire Project (ACP). Atari experts from hardware and software are putting together the next Atari computer called FireBee running on the ColdFire processor. The hardware is finished. The operating system and software is currently still being worked on. Visit the links below for imagery & video:
Atari FireBee Desktop
Standard Galactic Alphabet
Age of Conquest is now available in Polish:
So, right now, the following languages are support:
Also, currently underway are translations to German, French, Spanish & Japanese. If you would like to add yet another translation, please contact me for details.
My thanks go to all the contributors for their hard work!
Age of Conquest ONLINE v3 now features game signatures! The signature shows the avatar, clan, clan logo, the overall rating and season ratings (RS). The signature URL is given as follows:
Replace <username> with your Age of Conquest username. For integration into a forum, you could use the following BB Code. The code links to the homepage of Age of Conquest:
Game Signature for noblemaster
What are “triggers” are you probably asking yourself? Has he finally lost his mind? Not yet! Triggers are custom events that can be added to map scenarios. A trigger can either be shown at random or at a fixed turn. Triggers serve a game by providing “outside” events to a game, rather than everything being player generated.
The following triggers are currently available:
- Announcement: to display announcements. You could for example create an announcement that will be shown at turn 2 to all players telling them to attack Rome.
- Economy: you could say for turn 4, everyone will get an extra 17’000 gold in their treasury due to good economic time.
- Plague: a plague has killed 87% of the human population at turn 5. Once a plague has hit, income will be reduced as less population will not be able to produce as much income.
There are currently no triggers defined in any scenario (to my knowledge?). If you are a map maker and would like to test the feature, open the map editor and fill in the corresponding fields in the “Trigger” tab. Hit test to see it live in action.
Please visit the MultiplayerHub Forums to discuss.
Espionage & Sabotage
The latest update for Age of Conquest ONLINE v3 includes five additional actions. The actions are available on both Android and desktop (PC, Mac, Linux), except the call to arms function is only available on desktop at the moment. The five actions include:
- Support – can be used to send gold to other empires. The functionality is limited to 40’000 gold per transaction.
- Purchase – can be used to purchase neutral provinces. The provinces are rather expensive and can be acquired for 100’000 gold or more depending on the province’s value (production, population).
- Call to Arms – can be used to rally troops from multiple provinces that are in range (radius 3). The troops become available the next turn. It helps prevent depletion of population on a province.
- Espionage – can be utilized to spy on other empires. Functions include locating an enemy ruler, their treasury, economy or reading their messages.
- Sabotage – can be utilized to steal gold from foreign rulers or reduce their morale.
[Call to Arms], [Espionage] and [Sabotage] are disabled by default and have to be set if a new game is created. [Support] and [Purchase] are new and become available also in games already in progress. [Support] and [Purchase] can be disabled as needed.
If Japanese is your first language, Android Walker has a review of Age of Conquest LITE for Android on their site. Review and video are in Japanese for obvious reasons. There is both a game description plus a YouTube video: