I am currently trying to wrap development of Desert Stormfront. Nick sent in all the graphics a while ago. It’s all integrated and ready to go. Travis is currently working out the 30 campaign missions planned. Will hopefully be done by the end of the month and ready for beta-testing. Contact me via email (“Beta-Testing”) if you are interested in becoming a beta-tester for the game (Android, PC, Mac or Linux). Testing involves play-testing the 30 campaign missions (no technical testing required). No money paid, but you’ll receive a copy of the game for free and will have your name in the game credits.
Here is the lowdown for the game:
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) in the Middle East (desert)
- single player & multiplayer
- 30 Single Player Campaign missions
- Random Skirmish scenario generator
- Factions: USA, England, France, Italy, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Afghanistan plus a rebel faction.
- Team-Play (included in multiplayer too)
- 17 mobile units including: Humvees, Tanks, Artillery, 4×4, Mechanic, Trucks, Fighter Plane, Helicopter, Gunboat, Submarine, Cruiser, Aircraft Carrier, Super-Hovercraft.
- 4 land structures: Base Station, Shipyard, Airfield, Oilfield
- Occupy oilfields to receive income.
- Fog of War
- High Score & Playing Statistics
- …and obviously Music and Sound FX
Release is planned for end of September/beginning of October. Below are some current alpha screenshots.