As of today, Tropical and Desert Stormfront have finally been released on iOS. The games use the excellent libgdx framework which made porting from Desktop/Android to iOS a breeze.
Tropical Stormfront and Desert Stormfront are the first ever libgdx games to be released on the iOS platform. The games can be played on all iOS touch-screen devices including the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini. The games work both on retina and non-retina screens.
- iTunes – Tropical Stormfront
- iTunes – Tropical Stormfront LITE (free version)
- iTunes – Desert Stormfront
- iTunes – Desert Stormfront LITE (free version)
- Mario Zechner (@badlogicgames) from libgdx. Also “Nate” and all the other libgdx contributors.
- Michael Bayne (@samskivert) from PlayN with his IKVM MonoTouch port.
- Folks over at IKVM for providing an excellent tool for conversion from Java to C#.
- The Xamarin/MonoTouch team for making cross-platform development a breeze.
- many others (contact me to be added!)